What is PCOD Problem?
PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) is a medical condition in which the woman ovaries produce immature or partially mature eggs in large numbers and over the time these become cysts in ovaries. Due to this ovaries become large and secrete large amount of male hormones (androgens) causing infertility, irregular menstrual cycles, hair loss and abnormal weight gain. PCOD can be controlled by diet and lifestyle modifications.Research shows that it’s the sixth most disabling disease in the world.
What is PCOS?
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a metabolic disorder in which the woman affected by hormonal imbalance in their reproductive years (between ages 12 and 51). Due to increase level of male hormones females might skip menstrual periods, have irregular ovulation making it hard to get pregnant, get abnormal hair growth on the body and face simultaneously it can lead to heart disease and diabetes in long term.
Many women have PCOD / PCOS but they don’t know it.
Group of symptoms that affects the ovulation and ovaries are:
– Ovarian cysts
– Increased levels of male hormones
– Skipped or irregular periods
Difference between PCOD and PCOS
– PCOD is a common disorder, 10% of world women population affected by it.
– PCOD is a condition in which ovaries produce many immature or partially mature eggs, this happen due to poorlifestyle, obesity, stress and hormonal imbalance.
– PCOS is a serious medical condition around 0.2% to 2.5% of world women population affected by it.
– PCOS is a metabolic disorder and more severe form of PCOD can lead to an ovulation where ovaries stop releasing eggs.